END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
BACKGROUND. MyIRE, Inc. (MyIRE) has developed a proprietary software application known as Hypatia (the "Software"). By using the Software and/or its accompanying manuals (the "Documentation" and together with the Software, the "Product"), you (the "End User") agree with MyIRE to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein. MyIRE is willing to permit you to use the Product only upon the condition that you accept and comply with all of the terms of this agreement ("Agreement"). THEREFORE, for good and valuable consideration, including the rights and license granted in this Agreement, and intending to be legally bound, MyIRE and End User agree as follows:
- 1. LICENSE GRANT. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, MyIRE hereby grants to End User a non-exclusive, non-transferable, individual license to use the Product solely for the purpose of searching online resources for references, creating and building a personal library of references, formatting references, and creating uniform citations and footnotes for End User's projects. It is expressly understood that the Software program will be in use by End User on one server at a time.
- a. End User may not make copies of the Documentation or any portion thereof.
- b. End User acknowledges his/her responsibility to obtain all necessary consents and permissions to utilize the Software with third-party materials and to adhere to all applicable intellectual property laws with regards to capturing, storing and copying any copyrighted materials using the Software. End User shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless MyIRE and its affiliates from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, judgments, settlements, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of End User's downloading, storage or use of full-text files or other third-party materials in the Software.
The rights granted herein are limited and are to be strictly construed.
- 2. RESTRICTIONS. The following uses and/or activities are not permitted unless otherwise specifically allowed by MyIRE under the terms of a separate agreement.
- a. Modifying, translating, decompiling, reverse engineering, redistributing or retransmitting in any form or by any means, the Software or any portion thereof;
- b. Creating any derivative products or other works using any portion of the Software;
- c. Using the Software or any portion thereof in any third-party product or service;
- d. Using the Software, directly or indirectly, on a time sharing or service bureau basis, providing services for a fee using the Software; and
- e. Sharing passwords and/or access codes with third parties or allowing any non-End User to use the Product.
- f. In addition, if End User is using a hosted version of Hypatia, End User may not:
- i. attempt to circumvent user authentication or the security of any host, network, or account (aka "cracking"), including, but not limited to, accessing data not intended for End User, logging into a server or account that End User is not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of MyIRE servers and networks, or
- ii. create a denial of service, impede the operation of the Software or engage in any activities that adversely affect the ability of other End Users to use the Software, or
- iii. upload, share or otherwise transmit any content that:
- 1. End User does not have a right to upload, share or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or
- 2. violates anyone’s copyright, trademark or other proprietary right.
MyIRE responds to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. End User acknowledges and agrees that in addition to any other rights or remedies that MyIRE may have hereunder, MyIRE may remove or disable access to allegedly infringing content, or disable certain functionality, such as sharing, in the event of an alleged infringement.
- 3. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, MyIRE may terminate this Agreement
- a. if End User fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or
- b. if required to do so due to an actual or potential violation of third-party rights or applicable laws, rules or regulations or by a third-party provider, court or regulator. In the event of any termination, End User shall immediately discontinue any further use of the Product and (if applicable) destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation in its possession or control. Sections (1)b, 3, 4, 5 and 6 shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
In addition, if End User is using a hosted version of Hypatia: Following any termination, MyIRE may destroy any data or information stored on its servers by or on behalf of End User. Such data and information will be permanently lost.
- 4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. End User acknowledges that all Intellectual Property rights in the Product, are owned by MyIRE or its third-party licensor(s). The term “Intellectual Property” shall include, without limitation, all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, designs, discoveries, creations, works, devices, masks, models, works in progress, inventions, products, computer programs (both source and object code), procedures, developments, drawings, notes, documents, business processes, information, advice, and material, including any summary, abstract, portion, or derivation thereof. Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, MyIRE neither assigns any Intellectual Property rights, nor grants any licenses or other rights with respect to the Product. End User shall use reasonable care to protect such Intellectual Property rights of MyIRE and/or its third-party licensor(s), and to prevent the unauthorized use or copying of the Product.
- 5. NO WARRANTY. THE PRODUCT AND ALL CONTENT, INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY CONTAINED THEREIN ARE BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MYIRE DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SOFTWARE IS COMPATIBLE OR OPERABLE WITH THE END USER'S COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, OR THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL PERFORM WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR FREE OF ERRORS. END USER AGREES THAT THE PRODUCT IS NOT CONSUMER GOODS FOR PURPOSES OF FEDERAL OR STATE WARRANTY LAWS.
No sales person or other representative involved in the licensing of the Product is authorized to make any warranties with respect to the Product. Oral statements do not constitute warranties, shall not be relied upon by End User, and are not a part of this Agreement.
- 6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL MYIRE OR ITS AFFILIATES OR ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY "MYIRE PARTIES") BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA, OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF MYIRE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY EVENT, THE MYIRE PARTIES' TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND AND TYPE (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT OR TORT) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT.
- IT IS EXPRESSLY UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED THAT IN THE EVENT ANY REMEDY HEREUNDER IS DETERMINED TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND EXCLUSIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH HEREIN SHALL REMAIN IN EFFECT.
- 7. INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. End User agrees that MyIRE will have the right to obtain an injunction against any unauthorized use of the Product by End User, in addition to any other rights and remedies to which MyIRE may be entitled.
- 8. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such provision shall be adjusted to the minimum extent necessary for validity or enforceability, and in any event, the remaining provisions will nevertheless remain in full force and effect.
- 9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding and agreement between MyIRE and you with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications with respect thereto. This Agreement may not be modified, except to the extent of a written agreement to do so by an authorized representative of MyIRE.
- 10. CHOICE OF LAW. This Agreement shall be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the internal laws of the state of Illinois, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law.
- 11. NO ASSIGNMENT. End User shall not assign, sub-license or delegate any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement to any third party without the prior written consent of MyIRE. Any assignment, sublicense or delegation in violation of this provision shall be null and void.
- 12. ACKNOWLEDGMENT. Use of the Product affirms that End User has read this Agreement, understands it, and agrees to be bound by its contents.
Last Modified 2019-03-25 00:02:57 by firstname.lastname@example.org